So its been a while since I've posted anything. With taking on a long-term sub position right after Christmas, things have been quite a bit busy. But now its finished and I'm taking this week off to get some things done around the house and to prepare us to move.
That's right, we're moving! April 1 we have to be out of our house. Where we are moving to - now that is anyone's guess. Right now the plan is to move in with our parents and spend time with each of our families in Kansas. With being gone for 9 years, we're both ready to be close to family, even if it is just for a little while. We continue to pray the Lord would provide a job for Jeff but I am secretly hoping we get April to spend time with the family and hang out :). It has been difficult not to be around the nieces and nephews so hopefully we'll get some good time at home.
Plus, Jeff's brother Doug is getting married the beginning of May so I'm praying the Lord would provide a job to start after that. The wedding is in DC and it would be nice to travel back there without having to worry about Jeff starting a new job until after it.
Its funny, I'm making all kinds of plans to move and get organized and whatnot but can't really think about leaving our friends here. My teacher friends have been amazing and I can't process yet the goodbye. We are definitely ready to move to the next station in life, but saying goodbye and leaving bits of our hearts with others is always hard. I was just talking with a great friend of ours in Jacksonville and reminded how wonderful our time there was. How we miss each place we've been and yet look forward to the place God will take us. Bittersweet!
So if you think of us, say a prayer for everything going on. May we transition smoothly and may the Lord provide Jeff with a job and us wisdom in all these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment