Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tower of Hanoi

Due to my lack of posts lately, I'm hoping that everyone understands that I have started classes and basically hit the ground running. It's been great so far and I'm really enjoying what I'm learning. Alot of work but really helpful to use in the classroom. I have already completed 3 hrs! I took a 2 week class called Maymester which was work but really interesting. I think Jeff suffered the most because I was gone every night from basically 6-10pm so he had to take care of everything else. I finished it up last Friday and then started 2 new classes on Monday for the first summer session. I'll probably end up taking 2 more in July.

So one of the classes I'm currently taking is called Fundamentals of Math for Elementary Education. It's been really fun and my teacher has been great, teaching us to really think about math and not just using the excuse "because that's how its done". Anyways, we spent today working on the tower of Hanoi - somewhat playing but also trying to come up with an equation that would satisfy the sequence for solving the puzzle. Needless to say it took a while :)! Anyways, I thought some of you might enjoy giving it a try so I've posted the link. I hope you have fun with it.

http://www.mhhe.com/math/ltbmath/applets/ch1/index.html

By the way, after you get beyond 4, my group had trouble keeping up with the sequence. Happy puzzling!

1 comment:

Kim and Rudy said...

I'm proud of you :) I know you can do this, and I know you will be a great teacher.